We represent Executors, Executrixes, and Administrators in Probate and other Estate matters.
Our typical Probate services, depending upon your situation and the specific written representation agreement, include:
- Preparation of a Petition to the County Register of Wills to grant Letters Testamentary to an Executrix or Executor named in the deceased person’s will.
- Preparation of a Petition for Letters of Administration if the deceased has died without leaving a will, so a family member would be named the Administrator or Administratrix of the estate.
- Accompanying the executor or administrator to the County Register of Wills office to appear before the Register to have the oath of office administrated.
- Assisting the Personal Representative gather the estate assets, prepare the various required tax forms or have them prepared by an accountant at the estate’s cost, and see that they are timely filed.
- Preparation of the Account to be presented to the Court and people taking property under the will. We file the necessary Status Reports to the Court concerning the Estate Administration. In some cases, the Account is presented to the inheriting individuals only and a Family Settlement Agreement is signed by all parties accepting it.
- Advertisement of the estate in a local legal journal and local newspaper of general circulation.
In more complex estates with trusts, we provide counseling and other services to the Trustees as may be required by the particular circumstances of the Estate and the terms of the representation agreement.
If you are an Executrix or Executor named in a Will, or next of kin to a person who has died intestate for whom you want to be appointed Administrator, or has no surviving Executrix or Executor, we are here to help you. Call or email us to make an appointment.